Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nick's preparations for surgery....

So we are one day away from Nick's surgery! We asked him this evening how he felt about his upcoming surgery. "I am S-C-A-R-E-D (spelled out)." I asked, "what are you scared about, what part of it?" Nick replied, " I don't know, I'm just scared." Jon and I assured him that this was normal to feel scared and that God was going to be with him the whole time. He didn't want to talk about it after that. We know he is anxious and scared and continue to pray for comfort and peace for him as we get even closer to his surgery.

We did have our pre-op appointment on Thursday, which, in my opinion, proved to be pointless and not helpful at all! With all surgeries that I have had, the pre-op is supposed to explain to you the procedure, what to expect during and after surgery. We did not get any of this information! I am so used to Children's Medical Center and how thorough they are that I guess we were spoiled! I'm going to give Medical City the benefit of the doubt, since they are new at this, but I still feel uneasy not knowing what to expect, whether we are staying the night, etc. I know that we have one of the best Cranialfacial doctors, so we are going to stick through it. I wish I had more to tell you about the surgery and if we were staying the night, but I just don't know. You will have to watch for facebook posts and updates to see what happens! Nick did take pictures at pre-op!


I do have to say that Nick goes to an amazing, loving, and giving school! Every grade/class at the school wrote/made cards for Nicholas for his surgery. His classroom had a professional banner for him with all his classmates signatures on it for him to come home to. The principal, Mrs. Elrod, gave me a basket loaded with little wrapped presents for Nick to open before and after surgery. I asked why and her response, "We want Nick to know that we love him and are thinking about him during this scary time!" Wow, so wonderful. I haven't given or told Nick about these, yet, because we will start these tomorrow. In addition, I asked for friends and family to send him a little card or note just saying they were praying for him. Nick got so many cards! I have hidden those as well, and he will begin opening those tomorrow. Again, we are so blessed by our family and friends that are praying for our special little guy! I will post pictures soon!
We will continue to keep you updated! thanks for your prayers for our little guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment