Monday, December 27, 2010

A calling confirmed!

It's been a week since Nick's surgery, Christmas has come and gone, and I am once again reminded of God's faithfulness of this past year and throughout my life! I woke up this morning drawn straight to God's Word. It was one of those callings and strongholds that only God could place on my heart. As I sat down to pull out my Bible, I asked God to settle the house, the dogs, and keep Nick asleep, so my focus would be all His. Immediately, both dogs (Jon's parents and ours), found a place and settled in. Thank you Father for this amazing time with You. Near the end of our time together, I asked God, " Do I share all that You have told me this morning?" His reply, "Yes, how else will my name be known and the intimacy others can have with Me be known?" So, straight from my journal and God's heart....

This morning I was drawn to your Word so very strongly and to the book of John. As I read through it, You focused my attention on the words of your Son, Jesus in chapter 9. "Neither the man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in His life." (This was in reference to Jesus healing a blind man that was blind since birth. His blindness was not because of a sin from him or his family, but so that God's glory and healing power could be shown to others, so that they might believe in Him) This is also in reference to the endometriosis that I have that has prevented pregnancy for the past 6 years. We sought a lot of help, but still no answer or pregnancy. The more we sought help from doctors and refused to see God's calling, the worse my health seemed to get with numerous surgeries.
This then brings the song, " Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me. A favorite of mine...

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I prayBring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I prayHoly, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HgAVenbUU

Father, You have put these words on my heart since the day I was diagnosed with endometriosis, yet I refused to hear it fully. I always knew there was a purpose for the suffering. James 1: "Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials (my daughter) because you know that testing of your faith develops perservance..." God spoke straight to me.....

"This has been bringing you wisdom my daughter. The wisdom of my plans for you. Without this suffering, Your heart would not be ready for adoption and my work for you is to care for the orphans, my precious children. You always wanted to adopt, but your timing was not mine and your children (my children) need you sooner than you planned. Your family is my family and I want nothing more than to increase your family to show that I am in control and truly love each and every child. You, Jon, and Nick (yes, Nick too) are chosen by Me to care for my precious children. You will testify as a witness of suffering for my glory. How is Nick involved? Nick is on the forefront of building relationships and loving my orphans, because he was once an orphan, himself. I have given him the gifts of relationships, love, and an underlying wisdom that only comes from Me. He is on this journey with you for a deeper insight for my children. Trust me always, my daughter. Your home will be full of laughter and joy. Persevere and continue to seek my wisdom and plan for you. I will provide!"

This was absolutely powerful for me. A sense of healing and a mission to keep trusting and pursuing God's Calling on our life! I am so incredibly blessed and honored to be called on such an amazing journey in God's path! I am so grateful that I answered his nudge this morning to hear His calling on our life confirmed and to understand Nick's important role in our family! I pray that you will hear or feel God's voice/nudge today!

No comments:

Post a Comment