Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Plea from the heart.

Ever have one of those days, where you have so much to do that you get overwhelmed by all of it and then can't seem to get started on any of it? I'm having one of those days.... Since, I can't get started on any of the things on my "to do" list I will get it off my mind and clear it so that maybe I can get started on it. I thought I was going to have a productive day until I received the e-mail from our matching grant company with an update on donations...It really discouraged me. We have had one donor in the last two weeks! In reality, it's a tough time of the year to ask for donations, because of the holidays, people's financial situations, and I'm sure people are just so busy that this is the last thing on their mind. Well, it's huge for us! It means bringing a child into a loving home, who would not have one otherwise. This is the main thing on our mind, because without help we will be unable to do this...My heart is sad today. I know that God is our provider, but sometimes when you don't see the provision, your doubts begin to set in.

"Please, Father, give me peace, knowing that You are in complete control and WILL provide for your children. Father, I know this is your will for us and you will provide. I ask, Lord that you will soften our friends and family's hearts to help bring a child into our home to love and guide in your direction. God, we need a miracle of provision."

I am also sad and discouraged, because finances have tightened up in our family. The economy has not been friendly to Jon's job (Investment Consultant) where he is on comission. This has put some stress and burden on Jon's heart and his ability to provide. Then you add the cost of adoption and things are very stressful in Jon's eyes....

"Father, I lift up my wonderful husband to you. He works harder than anyone I know to provide for our family. He continues to insist on me working part-time, even with the argument of me going full time, b/c he believes that this is the job You place him in to let me stay home. Lord, please give Jon peace, help him trust You in every appointment, give him perserverance to look at every avenue with each client, and to know that You will provide according to Your will."

We will be sending out another application for another grant, but only 8 are approved a month! Please pray God's will over this application!

Our hearts long for our baby that is awaiting on the provisions, so he/she can come home to be with us. We ask that you pray for us through this time as we continue to wait upon the Lord for his provision in bringing our baby home.

We hope that God blesses you this wonderful Thanksgiving season. We DO have so much to be thankful for, espcially for our little boy, Nick, who has brought so much love and fun into our lives since God brought him into our lives.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment