Friday, November 12, 2010

God's different callings to adopt!

God is so good! I made it out of surgery without any complications! It took the doctor about 2 hours, but he was able to remove all that he was visibly able to see! Praise the Lord. Thank you for all of your prayers!

I also have to mention that today, Nov. 12th, is the 3 year anniversary of my mom going to be with her Lord and Savior! I miss her so much and my little guy Nick misses her too! He is this biological feeling when it as been a year since her death. We don't even have to remind him, he just senses it! Amazing and so sweet! Nick, Jon, and I will be heading out this weekend to place flowers on her stone and for Nick to continue through his healing of this! (I mean she was his first adoptive mom)

Now, to move forward through the continued healing process and listen to God's will from the outcome of this surgery.


Ok..back to adoption!! So I got in touch with a good friend I knew from church through facebook and discovered that he and his wife have adopted a little boy and are now waiting on the biological sibling to be born in December! Their story is a lot different than ours, but it goes to show us that God calls us into adoption through different avenues.

Here's a brief description of their adoption story:

"Long story short, my wife and I had not talked about adoption at all. I received a phone call from a family friend on Sept 13, 2009 that this boy was born and CPS was not going to let the parents keep the baby, did we want to adopt. That was on a Sunday, by Friday we were signing papers. Then a few months ago found out that they were having another one and wanted us to adopt this one as well. He is due December 23. " -- Matthew

We are extremely excited about moving forward in our preparation! Now that we are waiting on funding, once I am recovered enough, we will start turning our guest room into a nursery. I think that when the room is transformed, it will become more of a reality.

I will keep posted and if anyone has their own adoption story, please feel free to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment